Treat your kids to a day in the Yorkshire Countryside enjoying traditional country pursuits at The Coniston Shooting Ground , Winner of Best Shooting Ground 2016.
Set in the midst’s of a 1600 acre estate, children aged 10-14 will learn new skills, and enjoy some friendly competition at one of the Norths premier facilities.
- 10am – CLAY TARGET SHOOTING – After a comprehensive Safety and Gun Handling Talk performed by a qualified Instructor, the group of ten will be split into two smaller teams. Each team will shoot a 15 bird competition on a variety of different targets.
- 11-30am – ARCHERY –Children will enjoy our covered Archery Range
- 12-30pm – LUNCH – Packed lunches will need to be provided by parents, although food and drinks will be available from the cafe.
- 1pm – FALCONRY–We have a wide variety of birds of prey, from Golden Eagles to Tawny owls. After a welcome from one of our full time Falconers, a demonstration will be given and an opportunity to fly one of the birds.
- 2 pm – AIR RIFLE – After a briefing/safety talk each group will spend a little time shooting on our field target comp course.
- 3-30pm – END OF DAY/PRIZE GIVING – Each participant will be given a certificate of attendance.
All this for £75.00
All instructors are fully licensed certificated gun holders and members of Coniston Shooting Ground.
We are available for any questions prior to the start of the day, we ask children to be with us by 9.30am, your child will be ready to be collected at 4.00pm.
PLEASE NOTE: Vouchers can be redeemed on any of our designated ‘Kids Country Persuits’ days, a place will still need to be booked for the child or children on that day as numbers per day are limited, please call the clubhouse for more details on 01756 748 586.